Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hermann Headed to UWM

Centerville -- Indian Hills sophomore third baseman Tyler Hermann has signed a letter-of-intent to attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and play baseball for the Panthers.

Hermann, from Eau Claire, Wis., is looking to improve on his numbers from a freshman season at IHCC when he was plagued by injuries.  He hit .264 in 2012 with six doubles and 19 RBIs in 46 games.  He was second on the team in walks with 18.

The former Wisconsin High School Player of the Year is healthy heading into the spring campaign and is expected to add experience and power to the heart of the Falcons' lineup.

"I felt like UWM was a good fit for me for a number of reasons," said Hermann.  "Coach (Scott) Doffek was interested in me coming out of high school so there was a familiarity with him and his staff.  They will have a need at my position so I know going in I will have a good opportunity to contribute right away.  And the level of competition they play intrigued me as well, knowing that I will get to compete against some of the top programs in the country and continue to get noticed by professional scouts made my decision that much easier."

IHCC coach Cam Walker is excited about Hermann's potential impact on this year's Falcons team, saying "Tyler has developed and refined his tools to the point that he is capable of going out and playing for anyone in the nation after he leaves IHCC.  He has three above-average tools -- he can run, throw and field -- and he has the potential to be an offensive force as well."

UWM was 27-27 last year and 18-11 in the Horizon League.

No comments:

Post a Comment